Breakfast Egg Roll
This is not your ordinary egg roll, it is a breakfast egg roll.
This egg roll is a spin on a Chinese omelette or on scrambled eggs.
But it is so much more.
If you’re looking to make some rubbery eggs that lack flavor you can move along, but if you want flavor and fun for breakfast (or any time of day), take a moment to read through my tips and give this a try.
**Disclosure** This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you click the link our website may make a small commission for advertising this product to you. It does not cost you more, but it helps to keep our site running.
Breakfast Sushi, Anyone?
For some reason, it reminds me of Korean “sushi”. Probably the only real sushi thing about this is the fact that it is a roll and that it is fun to eat with chopsticks. It really is an enjoyable Asian egg recipe!
It is a slightly more labor-intensive way to cook eggs, but honestly, it only took a few minutes total.
Ingredients for this Asian Breakfast Egg Roll Recipe
This egg recipe includes many flavors from a Chinese omelette recipe, the ingredients are easy to find but pack in the flavor.
- Ricotta cheese
- Garlic powder
- Parsley (chopped)
- Green Onion
Tips for making a Breakfast Egg Roll
The trick to making this Asian egg recipe, using a square griddle pan.
I think this would work on an electric griddle if you don’t have a square flat pan. Oil the pan well so that the egg easily rolls. Pour a thin layer of egg across the pan.
Allow it to cook 75% of the way. Roll the egg roll to the edge of the pan with two spatulas, slide it to the starting side and add a thin layer of egg to the pan. Repeat this process until all of the egg mixture is used up.
Ways you can switch up this Keto Breakfast Egg Roll-Up
I wonder what additions could be made to this? If you’ve tried a Chinese omelette recipe, you’d know that you can add endless ingredients. These aren’t all Asian ideas but some of them are!
- Sliced kimchi
- Strips of Avocado
- Roasted Veggies
These breakfast egg roll-ups are great made ahead, if you want a quick breakfast, keep a few of these rolls on hand. These would also be great in children’s lunches! How fun would it be to open a lunchbox and have a few of these Asian Egg Roll Ups?
If we’re keeping with the Korean and Asian theme, in our home we love gochujang for dipping (this sauce does have a little sugar in it)! But you can dip these or not dip them. Your choice. I won’t judge.
More Keto Egg Recipes
Connect With Yellow Glass Dish!
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
For THM friends, this is an (S)
Breakfast Egg Roll
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 C ricotta cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 pat butter (about 2 tsp)
- 1 stalk green onion sliced thin
- Whisk everything except for the green onion.
Making the Egg Roll
- Use a square griddle pan or something similar. Pour a thin layer of egg across the pan. Allow it to cook 75% of the way. Roll the egg roll to the edge of the pan with two spatulas, slide it to the starting side and add a thin layer of egg to the pan. Repeat this process until all of the egg mixture is used up.
- Heat the pan to medium and add butter to the pan. Make sure the butter coats the whole pan.
- Pour a thin layer of egg across the whole pan. Allow the egg to cook about 75% of the way.
- Use two spatulas to begin rolling the egg up, leaving 1″ not rolled.
- Slide the egg roll to one side of the pan and add another layer of the egg mixture.
- Repeat process until all egg is used up.
- Slice roll into 1/2″ pieces, top with green onion slices.