Cinnamon Swirl Keto Coffee Cake Recipe
Say yes to this keto cinnamon swirl keto coffee cake recipe. It is an easy low carb and paleo coffee cake that is gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free. Each serving is only 4g net carbs and this cake can be enjoyed all day long.
Cinnamon Swirl Low-carb Coffee Cake – Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free
If you are a coffee cake fan, this cake is legit. You COULD even serve it as dessert or birthday cake. Coffee cake just means you get to have it at breakfast too.
Growing up, my mom made a coffee cake in a sheet pan. It was made with simple ingredients, but unfortunately, it was very NOT low carb.
I had to come up with a keto-friendly coffee cake and cinnamon just seemed like the right thing to add to this recipe. The cake mixture also includes cardamom if you are into that. You should be into that because cardamom is amazing!
Each serving of this cinnamon swirl keto coffee cake is only 4g net carbs.
Ingredients for this Keto Coffee Cake
This keto coffee cake with almond flour is made fluffy by whipping egg whites. It’s totally worth the extra two minutes of work to get the final result!
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Cardamom (optional)
- Monkfruit sweetener
- Coconut oil
- Nut milk (unsweetened)
- Baking Powder
You’ll make the coffee cake recipe in two steps: the cake portion, then the cinnamon swirl portion.
**Disclosure** This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you click the link our website may make a small commission for advertising this product to you. It does not cost you more, but it helps to keep our site running.
How to make this Paleo Cinnamon Swirl Keto Coffee Cake Recipe
The key to making this keto coffee cake recipe awesome is to whip the egg whites with the monkfruit sweetener. When you begin making this recipe, use a very dry bowl for the egg whites. If there is any water in the bowl, the egg whites won’t whip.
In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks, nut milk, and vanilla.
In an additional bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to this mixture and combine thoroughly.
Use an electric mixer to whip the egg whites, you’ll need to whip them a bit before adding the sweetener. Once you add the sweetener, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form. You don’t want to over mix them or they will start to break apart in clumps.
Mix half of the egg white mixture with the other mixture. This step doesn’t have to be done gently.
Take the mixture of egg whites and the flour mixture and gently fold it in with the rest of the egg whites. Only mix until it is fully incorporated.
Grease your baking dish (8×8 or 8×9) with coconut oil. Pour the cake mixture into the dish then make the cinnamon swirl.
You’ll mix the cinnamon with sweetener and softened (but not melted) coconut oil. Spoon it into a ziplock bag and snip the corner off. Drizzle the cinnamon mixture over the pan in a grid design. Use a chopstick or toothpick to swirl the cinnamon mixture.
Bake and enjoy this paleo + keto coffee cake!
What makes this coffee cake fluffy?
This coffee cake is made fluffy by whipping the egg whites. If you whip egg whites, it allows the volume of the cake to be greater. You have to be gentle when working with whipped egg whites, see the instructions above to make sure you don’t deflate the egg whites in this paleo cinnamon coffee cake.
More Keto Recipes to Try
Connect with Yellow Glass Dish!
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
For THM friends, this is an (S)
Cinnamon Swirl Keto Coffee Cake Recipe
For the cake
- 1 c Almond flour
- ⅓ c Coconut flour
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Cardamom optional
- 4 Eggs room temperature
- ⅓ c Monkfruit sweetener
- Pinch of salt
- ½ c Unsweetened nut milk
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Coconut oil for greasing the pan
For the Cinnamon Swirl
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Monkfruit sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (162°C) and grease your 8×8 or 8×9 baking dish with coconut oil.
- Using two bowls, one large for mixing, one smaller for liquids. Separate the room temperature eggs, put the egg whites in the larger mixing bowl.
- Whip the egg whites using an electric mixer. After whipping them for about 30 seconds, gradually add the 1/3 cup of monkfruit sweetener. Whip until soft peaks form when you lift the beaters. Don't overmix.
- Combine the yolks with the unsweetened nut milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, cardamom (optional), baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Mix half of the whipped egg whites into the flour mixture. Make sure this is thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold in the mixture into the rest of the whipped egg whites. Only mix until this is combined. If you over-mix this, the cake won't be fluffy!
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
Prepare the cinnamon swirl
- In a bowl, combine the swirl ingredients: 2 tbsp softened coconut oil, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1tbsp monkfruit sweetener. Spoon this into a Ziploc bag and snip the corner off. Drizzle this over the cake mixture that is in the baking dish. You can drizzle in a grid-shape.
- Use a toothpick or chopstick to swirl the cinnamon mixture into the top of the cake.
- Bake at 325°F for 40 minutes. Check the cake with a toothpick and make sure the toothpick comes out clean. Cool and enjoy!