Instant Pot Creamy Chicken with Mushrooms Recipe
If you’re on the hut for an Instant Pot Creamy Chicken with Mushrooms recipe, this is it! Not only is this keto-friendly, it is also gluten-free. You can have this creamy chicken & mushroom casserole on the table in less than 30 minutes! Oh yeah, it’s also a great way to use leftover chicken.
The recipe card at the bottom of the post has the full list of ingredients and instructions for your convenience. Before you scroll there, there is important information in the post!
Instant Pot Leftover Chicken recipes
It’s easy to end up with a pile of leftover chicken that you’re wondering what you could turn it into. There are SO many recipes like this Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Casserole and this Keto Chicken Broccoli Rice for starters.
Are Mushrooms Keto Friendly?
You’re wondering if you can eat mushrooms while on a ketogenic lifestyle, huh?
You’re in luck! Mushrooms are incredibly nutritious and they’re great for a low carb lifestyle! One cup of mushrooms are about 2g-5g net carbs (depending on the variety).
Ingredients for this Instant Pot Creamy Chicken casserole
The ingredients for this creamy chicken & mushroom casserole are super easy to find!
- Cooked Chicken – Like leftover Rotisserie Chicken
- Cauliflower Rice
- Chicken Stock
- Garlic Cloves
- Cream Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
Tips and steps for cooking This Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe
For starters, you’ll want to have everything ready because you cook things one after the next!
Heat your oil in your inner pan on saute mode, then sauté the onions for 2 minutes, add the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
Add the mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the chicken stock, chicken, salt, and cauliflower rice. Stir everything.
Put the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the steam valve is closed.
Turn the Instant Pot to manual mode for 3 minutes on high pressure.
Once the cooking cycle finishes, carefully do a quick pressure release.
Carefully open the lid and stir in the cream cheese.
Add the mozzarella cheese and stir it in.
Garnish to make it all pretty. I used fresh cracked pepper and herbs.
How to cook this Creamy Chicken & Mushrooms without an Instant Pot
It’s quite easy to make this recipe without an Instant Pot.
First, you’ll heat your oil in a large pot (5-10 qt is probably easiest) on medium then sauté the onions for about 2 minutes then add the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
Add the mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes, until they’re soft.
Stir in the chicken stock, cauliflower rice, cooked chicken and salt and mix everything well. Put a lid on the pot and bring it to a low boil, stirring occasionally for 5-10 minutes.
Stir in the cream cheese and make sure it melts. Then add the shredded cheese and allow it to melt.
Garnish to your hearts content!
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Connect with Yellow Glass Dish!
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
For THM friends, this is an (S)
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken with Mushrooms
- ⅓ cup Onion Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Cup Mushrooms Chopped
- 2 Cups Cooked chicken chopped*
- ⅓ cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 4 Cups Cauliflower Rice Frozen or fresh
- ½ tsp salt more to taste
- 4 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Cracked Pepper and herbs to garnish
- On saute mode, saute onion in oil for 2 minutes, add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add salt, chicken stock, chicken, and cauliflower. Mix well.
- Cook on manual mode for 3 minutes and make sure the steam valve is closed.
- Do a quick pressure release once the cooking cycle is complete. The total time to reach pressure and release is about 10 minutes.
- Carefully open the lid and add the cream cheese. Stir until it is completely melted.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and stir until melted.
- Garnish with your favorite herbs and cracked pepper (salt to taste).
- If you want to add more chicken, its totally fine. Just know it will change the total protein amount.
- Serving is for 4-6 depending on portions.