Instant Pot Keto Lasagna
Keto Lasagna with Napa Cabbage | Instant Pot Recipe
If you’ve been looking for an easy keto lasagna recipe, this one is made easily in the Instant Pot and is only 7g net carbs per serving. If you’ve ever had skillet lasagna, this is the no-noodle, low carb version that uses napa cabbage. It’s ready in 30 minutes, so yes, you CAN have it for supper tonight!
**Disclosure** This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you click the link our website may make a small commission for advertising this product to you. It does not cost you more, but it helps to keep our site running.
Skillet Instant Pot Low Carb Lasagna
When I was a teen, my mother discovered the magic of skillet lasagna. She made it often and did it well. Skillet lasagna is basically deconstructed lasagna. Cook the meat, add the sauce, add the broken noodles, cook then add cheese.
I wanted to turn that skillet lasagna idea into a low carb recipe that could be made in the Instant Pot. Many people use zucchini or eggplant as a noodle alternative. This keto lasagna recipe uses napa cabbage in 2″ squares instead. Napa Cabbage, also known as Chinese Cabbage is very popular in Asia but it is generally available at most grocery stores. It is hearty and provides a nice texture when cooked.
Is This Lasagna Keto Friendly?
This no noodle lasagna is a very satisfying keto alternative. Since tomatoes can be sneaky with their carb count, this recipe only uses one 14oz can of diced tomatoes. If you want to add extra tomato sauce, you’re absolutely welcome to. Just know that it will increase the carb count. The ingredients in this low carb lasagna recipe were carefully chosen to make sure that it is keto-friendly.
If you’d like to learn a little more about the rules of the keto diet, this is a great resource.
How Many Carbs Are In Each Serving of this Keto Lasagna with Cabbage?
Each serving of this keto lasagna has about 7g net carbs. Most of those carbs are coming from the cabbage and tomatoes. On a low carb diet, it is important to eat plenty of vegetables. This lasagna with cabbage will help you do that!
Ingredients for this Keto Lasagna Recipe
The ingredients for this keto lasagna are completely gluten-free and are low carb friendly.
- Ground beef
- Italian seasoning
- Mushrooms – minced
- Stewed, crushed tomatoes
- Napa cabbage (or Chinese Cabbage) cut into 2” squares
- Yellow onion
- Garlic cloves – minced
- Cottage cheese
- Shredded cheese – your choice of variety, but mozzarella would be good
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil for topping (optional)
Tips for Making Instant Pot Low Carb Lasagna with Cabbage
When making this lasagna in the Instant Pot, it will not be like a traditional pan lasagna with layers. This is much easier.
Use the saute mode to cook your ground beef. You can use lean ground beef if you’re trying to reduce the fat content. Once it is mostly cooked, add your onions then mushrooms then stir in the garlic for about 30 seconds. Once the meat is thoroughly cooked, add the spices, tomatoes, and cabbage. Stir. Then turn your Instant Pot to so Soup Mode for 3 minutes.
The total time for bringing the Instant Pot to pressure, cook, then manually release the pressure takes 15 minutes. Once the steam is released, stir in the cottage cheese and top with shredded cheese.
Can I Use Regular Cabbage For This Keto Lasagna Recipe?
Napa (Chinese) cabbage is unique in that the leaves are large and the rib is thick which provides a noodle-like texture for this recipe. If you don’t have access to napa cabbage, you could use regular cabbage but it would not provide the same texture. I have not tried this recipe with regular cabbage and would highly recommend using napa cabbage, but in a pinch, regular would probably work.
More Recipes for you to try!
- Red Roasted Chicken – an easy roasted chicken recipe that uses red peppers, salsa, and tomatoes as the flavor base.
- Ginger Garlic Chicken Rice – is an easy one-pan meal that is bursting with flavors from South East Asia!
- Easy Taco Casserole – another easy meal to keep you on track as you pursue your low-carb lifestyle.
Connect with Yellow Glass Dish
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
For THM friends, this is an (S)
Instant Pot Keto Lasagna
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 c Mushrooms minced
- 14 oz can of Crushed tomatoes
- 8 cups Napa cabbage cut into 2” squares
- ½ cup Yellow onion
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Cottage cheese
- 1 cup Shredded cheese your favorite variety
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil for topping optional
- Cook the ground beef on saute mode, add Italian seasoning.
- When the beef is mostly cooked, move it to one side of the Instant Pot pan and add the onions and mushrooms and cook them in the fat from the beef.
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the stewed tomatoes then add the cabbage.
- Close the sealing valve and cook on soup mode for 3 minutes. (takes 15 minutes total)
- Manually release the steam.
- Stir in 1 cup of shredded cheese and 1 cup of cottage cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste