Instant Pot Paprika Chicken
This delicious creamy paprika chicken is made in the Instant Pot. It is a perfect keto chicken thigh recipe to enjoy with your favorite low carb side. The cheesy garlic sauce with paprika is one that will make you lick the bowl (seriously).
**Disclosure** This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you click the link our website may make a small commission for advertising this product to you. It does not cost you more, but it helps to keep our site running.
If you enjoy switching up your chicken recipe game, this recipe is IT. Using boneless-skinless chicken thighs makes the cooking process brief. The sauce is absolutely scrumptious.
Serve these paprika keto chicken thighs with a low carb vegetable and be sure to make extra for later. I served mine over a bed of greens but you could serve it with broccoli, cabbage, zucchini, mushrooms or any other vegetable you prefer.
Keto Chicken Thighs with a Cream Cheese Sauce
Chicken thighs are much more flavorful than chicken breasts. They are made with dark meat instead of light meat and they have a higher fat content. If I can choose between light and dark meat, I’d choose dark meat any day. Chicken thighs are a great choice for the ketogenic diet!
Ingredients for this Low carb Paprika Chicken Recipe
To make this low carb paprika chicken recipe in the Instant Pot, you’ll need some simple ingredients:
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Avocado oil
- Smoked Paprika
- Cream cheese
- Chicken Stock
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Mozzarella Cheese
Tips for making this Instant Pot Paprika Chicken Recipe
- Either cook chicken thighs all at once or do them in batches (especially if you have a 6qt Instant Pot). Be sure that they all reach 170°F.
- When making the sauce, be sure to not add the shredded cheese. The shredded cheese is added at the very end.
- Serve this with a low-carb vegetable or over a bed of greens.
- Use this recipe for meal prep! These paprika chicken thighs are awesome made ahead of time. (If you want to serve them with greens, store the greens separately.)
- See the recipe notes to verify the actual time it takes to bring the Instant Pot to pressure, cook, and allow the pressure to release.
Can you use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs?
Of course, you may use any cut of chicken that you’d like! If you’re using chicken breasts instead of boneless-skinless thighs, you’ll want to slice them in half so that they’re thinner and faster to cook. Since chicken breasts have a lower fat content, they are generally not as juicy as thighs.
More Awesome Chicken Recipes to Try
Connect with Yellow Glass Dish
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
For THM friends, this is an (S)
Instant Pot Paprika Chicken
- 6 Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 oz Cream cheese cubed
- 3 Coves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil Divided
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Crushed red pepper
- ½ c Chicken stock
- 1 c Shredded mozzarella cheese
- In the Instant Pot, cook chicken thighs on saute mode with 1 tbsp of avocado oil. (10-15 minutes depending on size of chicken)
- Set aside once fully cooked.
- Add sauce ingredients: cream cheese, garlic, 1 tbsp avocado oil, salt, paprika, crushed red pepper, chicken stock to the Instant Pot and cook into a sauce. Stir frequently.
- Add cooked chicken back into the sauce.
- Turn on meat mode for 5 minutes then manually release when finished (total takes 15 minutes in my 8qt IP).
- Turn to saute mode to reduce the sauce if it is too thick. Stir in the cheese. Serve immediately.