Keto Strawberry Muffins
If you’ve been looking for a recipe for keto strawberry muffins, this one is it! These are almond flour strawberry muffins, made with low carb ingredients (3g net carbs each!). They’re sugar-free and gluten-free and hey, muffins are perfect for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
The recipe card at the bottom of the post has the full list of ingredients and instructions for your convenience. Before you scroll there, there is important information in the post!
Are Strawberries Keto Friendly?
You’re wondering how many carbs are in strawberries. Well, in moderation, strawberries are a great low carb fruit option.
1/2 cup of strawberries contains 6 grams of carbs and 1.5 grams of fiber which means that 1/2 cup of strawberries contains about 4.5g net carbs. While not the lowest carb berry, they are still low carb.
Ingredients for this Keto Strawberry Muffin Recipe
The ingredients for these almond flour strawberry muffins are super simple! If you frequently make low carb treats, you might have all of these ingredients on hand!
- Strawberries (fresh*)
- Almond flour
- Baking Powder
- Monkfruit Sweetener
- Coconut oil
- Half and Half or Heavy Whipping Cream
If you use frozen strawberries, allow them to come to room temp and drain the excess juices off. They may need additional baking time due to moisture.
Tips and steps for making these Almond Flour Strawberry Muffins
Supplies you need to make these muffins
Once you have your ingredients and tools ready to go, preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl.
Make sure they’re thoroughly mixed.
In a separate bowl, combine the egg, coconut oil, half and half, and vanilla.
Make sure the coconut oil is room temp and soft, you could even melt it and then slightly cool it (so that it doesn’t cook the eggs).
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet until everything is mixed.
Fold in the strawberries. This helps them to not get mashed.
Spoon portions into each muffin liner, fill each about 2/3 full.
If you want to be extra fancy, add a thin slice of strawberry on top for garnish.
Each oven is different, so cooking times will vary. It will take around 25 minutes, give or take. Do a toothpick test to make sure the muffins are cooked through.
Allow the muffins to cool slightly before you transfer them to a cooling rack.
More Keto Strawberry Recipes
Connect with Yellow Glass Dish!
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
For THM friends, this is an (S)
Keto Strawberry Muffins
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ cup Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil Softened/ room temp
- ¼ cup Half & half or Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Strawberries* finely diced (more for garnish, optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (almond flour, baking powder, sweetener, salt).
- In a separate bowl combine the egg, half and half (or HWC), coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet until everything is mixed.
- Fold in the strawberries gently.
- In a muffin tin, lined with papers or silicone liners, fill liners ⅔ full. Optional: add a thin strawberry slice on each muffin as a garnish.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes at 350°F. Do a toothpick test to make sure they are cooked through.
- Allow muffins to slightly cool before serving.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Optional: serve with whipped cream or warm with butter.