Keto Vegetable Frittata Recipe
This keto vegetable frittata recipe is loaded with mushrooms and bell peppers and seasoned to perfection. Top this frittata with avocado and sour cream and you have yourself the perfect keto frittata! This is an awesome low carb breakfast, but can also be enjoyed for any meal!
Breakfast For ANY meal!
Who are we kidding, breakfast is suitable for any meal of the day. We’ve got brunch and people have come up with strange names like “brupper” or “brinner” but we can just call it Breakfast For Dinner.
Seriously, if I go to a diner, regardless of the time of day, I’ll always opt for “breakfast” food. The thing that gets me is how simple the ingredients are to make breakfast foods, yet how restaurants can charge so much! Make your own epic frittata at home. It’ll taste better than the restaurant. Plus, you can customize it to fit your style.
Ingredients for this Keto Vegetable Frittata Recipe
The ingredients for this keto frittata are quite simple but together they create a wonderful flavor!
- Avocado oil – for frying vegetables
- Bell pepper – Any color!
- Mushrooms – sliced
- Garlic Powder
- Heavy Cream – This makes the eggs fluffy and extra delicious.
- Shredded Cheese – This is added at the end of the baking process.
- Avocado – Thinly sliced for topping!
- Sour Cream – Because who doesn’t love sour cream?
- Fresh Basil – This is for garnish and is optional but let me tell you, the flavor this adds is AMAZING.
**Disclosure** This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you click the link our website may make a small commission for advertising this product to you. It does not cost you more, but it helps to keep our site running.
Tips for making this Keto Vegetable Frittata Recipe
-Use an oven-safe skillet for making this keto vegetable frittata recipe. The vegetables will be sauteed on the stove, then you’ll pop it in the oven to bake the frittata.
-Use oil that can withstand heat. Avocado oil is my oil of choice but you can use your favorite.
-Once the egg portion bakes, you’ll top the frittata with cheese and stick it back into the oven for a few minutes so that the cheese can melt.
-If you are making this to serve immediately, you can add the toppings right away. If you’re waiting to serve it, don’t add the avocado or sour cream until you serve it. The avocado will turn brown and look very unappetizing.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
This recipe is best made and served immediately the way that you see it in the pictures.
If you want to make it ahead of time, wait until you serve it to top it with avocado and sour cream.
More Keto egg breakfast recipes to try
Connect with Yellow Glass Dish
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
For THM friends, this is an (S)
Keto Vegetable Frittata Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 Cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Cup Sliced bell pepper any color
- 7 Eggs
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ tsp Salt more to taste
- 1 Avocado sliced
- ¼ c Sour cream
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- Fresh Basil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a cast-iron skillet, heat avocado oil on medium-high. Saute bell peppers and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes until browned and slightly caramelized.
- In a bowl, mix eggs with garlic powder, salt, and heavy cream.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cooked bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Top with cheese and return to the oven for 2 minutes.
- Top with avocado and sour cream and basil (optional).