Low Carb Blueberry Clafoutis
What even is a low carb blueberry clafoutis? I’m here to answer that and to give a low carb version of a clafoutis that you could use with any berry. Not only is this keto-friendly, but it is also gluten-free and dairy-free.
First of all, I’m a big fan of knowing how to say the word. This word is French. Here is a helpful YouTube clip with the pronunciation. My fancy pronunciation guide spelling is kle-foo-ti.
**Disclosure** This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you click the link our website may make a small commission for advertising this product to you. It does not cost you more, but it helps to keep our site running.
What is Clafoutis?
Clafoutis is a baked French dessert. It contains components that would also qualify for breakfast. The batter is similar to crepe batter. The final result is a little bit like cake, a little bit like a custard.
This could be made with any berry and it would also go well with stone fruit.
In this low carb clafoutis recipe, cardamom was added, but you can use other spices like pumpkin pie spice, cardamom, nutmeg if you’d like. You can also omit the spices if you so choose.
Calling all Skeptics
Chances are, you may have never heard of a clafoutis. You’re wondering if it is worth trying.
Do you like cake? How about cake without the guilt or a blood-sugar rollercoaster? Do you like cake for breakfast?
Of course you do.
When I was making this recipe, I knew that I would want to be able to serve it to my friend who is dairy-free. This particular friend enjoys good food but is a bit particular. Serving him this low carb clafoutis came with the possibility of rejection. I wasn’t sure what his response would be. Not only did he ask for seconds, he asked for the recipe!
The ingredients in this low carb clafoutis are simple. The recipe has been customized to fit a ketogenic diet and a low carb lifestyle. It is also gluten-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free.
- Unsweetened nut milk (your choice)
- Monkfruit Sweetener
- Coconut Oil
- Cardamom (see above notes)
- Vanilla Extract
- Monkfruit powdered sweetener (or low carb powdered sugar substitute)
How to prepare the Low Carb Clafoutis
Take coconut oil and grease the dish, making sure to grease the edges as well. Then sprinkle a portion of the monkfruit sweetener on the greased dish. Rotate the dish to make sure that the sweetener lightly covers all of the greased area.
Place blueberries (or other berries) in the prepared dish.
Mix the batter according to the recipe instructions then pour it over the berries.
Bake the low carb clafoutis at 350°F for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
If you use frozen blueberries, add an additional 10-15 minutes to the baking time.
When you remove the clafoutis from the oven, it will deflate. That is normal!
Once the clafoutis has cooled some, you can sprinkle powdered sweetener on top.
If you like this Low Carb Clafoutis recipe, you may also like:
- Keto cupcakes
- Low Carb Souffle Pancakes
- Low Carb Puff Pancake|Dutch Baby
- Meat Crust Quiche
- Low Carb Strawberry Chiffon Cake
Connect with Yellow Glass Dish!
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
For THM friends, this is an (S)
Low Carb Blueberry Clafoutis
- 2-½ c Blueberries
- 1-½ Tbsp Coconut oil
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ c Unsweetened nut milk of choice
- ⅔ c Almond flour
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ C Monkfruit sweetener
- ¼ Tsp Ground cardamom Or cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Vanilla extract
- Low Carb Powdered sugar For dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a glass baking dish (pie pan or similar) grease with coconut oil across the bottom and up the edges.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of monk fruit sweetener across the greased pan. Tip and tap the pan to make sure that it is completely covered.
- Place blueberries across the pan in an even layer.
- Whisk eggs and remaining sweetener.
- Add almond flour, unsweetened nut milk, salt, cardamom, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Pour over blueberries in the prepared dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes until risen and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once you remove it from the oven it will deflate.
- Allow the clafoutis to cool slightly before serving.
- Top with low carb powdered sugar.
Latest Yellow Glass Dish Recipes
- Keto Toffee With Pecans
- Ham and Cheese Cloud Eggs
- Instant Pot Keto Chicken Broccoli Rice
- Keto Spice Cookies
- Holiday Gift Guide