Keto Lunch Meat Roll Ups
If you’ve been looking for a way to switch up your lunch routine, these keto lunch meat roll ups are the answer! This recipe uses simple ingredients that result in a fun low carb snack, lunch, or appetizer.
**Disclosure** This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you click the link our website may make a small commission for advertising this product to you. It does not cost you more, but it helps to keep our site running.
In my home, we’ve found that we get into ruts with our food routine. I try to keep our fridge stocked with quality low carb ingredients but sometimes we make the same thing, again and again.
While the ingredients in these lunch meat roll ups are the same ingredients we use for other meals, it feels more fun and exciting to eat a sushi-style roll up instead of just pieces of meat and vegetables.
What Kind of Lunch Meat works for this recipe?
When making these lunch meat roll ups, you need to use hearty meat that doesn’t fall apart easily. You’ll want something with a thicker cut instead of shavings.
Ham is generally a thicker lunch meat, however, if you want to use something like turkey or chicken, you’ll just have to be delicate with it. I would not recommend using roast beef as that falls apart easily.
Ingredients to make Lunch Meat Roll Ups
The ingredients for this recipe are general. You are welcome to use any variety of lunch meat and cheese and low carb vegetables.
For these rolls I used:
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheese
- Avocado thinly sliced
- Julienned bell peppers
- Julienned cucumbers
- Dijon mustard
- Dried chives
Other Topping (filling) Ideas
If you want some ideas for other low carb fillings or toppings, here are some suggestions:
- Any variety of shredded cheese
- Shredded lettuce or cabbage
- Kimchi, thinly sliced
- Pickles (julienned or thinly sliced)
- Tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- Banana Peppers
- Roasted garlic
- Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- Sauces: like mayonnaise, balsamic glaze, ranch dressing, garlic aioli…
Tips for making Keto Lunch Meat Roll Ups
- When laying out the lunch meat, you want to make sure the pieces overlap so that when you roll them up, they will support the roll.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened so that it will easily spread over the meat.
- Be sure to make the vegetables thinly sliced, or julienned.
- Start rolling from the side where you FIRST lay down the lunch meat.
How much does one roll up serve?
If you’re wanting to enjoy these lunch roll ups as a snack, this would provide about 4 servings. If you’re wanting this as a meal, this would be about 2 servings. The nutrition facts reflect 2 servings.
If you’re making these for a party, you could make several varieties with different low carb fillings, the combinations are almost endless!
More Awesome Lunch Recipes to Try
For THM friends, this is an (S)
Connect with Yellow Glass Dish
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
Keto Lunch Meat Roll Ups
- 4 oz ham lunch meat Use sturdy meat that doesn’t fall apart!
- 2 oz Cream cheese softened
- ½ c Cucumbers julienned
- ½ Avocado thinly sliced
- ½ c Bell pepper Julienned
- ⅓ c Shredded cheese Cheddar or your favorite variety
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Dried chives optional
- Lay your lunch meat on a flat surface to create approximately a 12×8 square. Overlap circles in a pattern so that they support each other when rolled up.
- Gently spread the cream cheese over the meat surface. It will be a very thin layer. Make sure the cream cheese is softened but not melted.
- Lay the avocado, bell pepper, cheese, and cucumber in a row. Kind of like you would if you made sushi. Leave space at the edge so that the meat can “seal” the roll.
- Begin rolling the meat from the side where you first placed the lunch meat. Roll the meat over the filling and be sure to keep it tight. Carefully slice the roll in ½” rounds.
- Drizzle dijon mustard over the roll-ups then garnish with dried chives or another herb.
Latest YGD Posts
- Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Okra Soup with Ham – Instant Pot Recipe
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Mac And Cheese
- The Best Keto Thanksgiving Recipes
- Latte Letters 004