Strawberry Rhubarb Gluten-Free Crisp
If you’ve been on the hunt for a keto strawberry rhubarb gluten-free crisp, this one is it. Not only is it a delicious low carb crisp, but it also has cheesecake dollops to make it next-level. This gluten-free easy recipe is great fresh or chilled. You choose!
The recipe card at the bottom of the post has the full list of ingredients and instructions for your convenience. Before you scroll there, there is important information in the post!
What does Rhubarb Taste Like?
Rhubarb is a lot like celery in the texture. The leaves are poisonous, so please, don’t eat them.
But Rhubarb is sour.
Most folks don’t eat rhubarb on its own for fun. It is generally cooked with some sort of sweetener.
An iconic flavor that pairs well with rhubarb is strawberry. Occasionally you’ll find it paired with other fruits!
Is Rhubarb Keto-Friendly?
You may be asking if rhubarb is a low carb and keto-friendly ingredient. Well, the answer is yes! Rhubarb is a low carb vegetable!
One cup of rhubarb contains 6 grams of carbohydrates and 2.2 grams of fiber. This means there are less than 4g Net Carbs per one cup of rhubarb!
Ingredients for this Strawberry Rhubarb Gluten-Free Crisp Recipe
The ingredients for this gluten-free crisp are quite simple.
- Strawberries (diced)
- Rhubarb (thin-sliced)
- Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Vanilla Extract
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Almond Flour
- Pecan pieces (roasted + salted)
- Flake Salt (optional)
Tips and steps for making this Strawberry Rhubarb Keto Crisp
This keto strawberry rhubarb crisp is easy to make. It is made with three layers.
You’ll need an 8×8″ baking dish (or something similar). Give it a quick coating of non-stick spray.
First, you’ll mix the berries and rhubarb with vanilla and some of the monkfruit sweetener and spread it across the pan.
Mix the softened cream cheese with heavy cream and some of the monkfruit sweetener.
Scoop 9 dollops of this cheesecake mixture onto the berries and rhubarb. Don’t spread it.
Mix the ingredients for the crisp mixture.
Make sure that the ingredients is thoroughly mixed.
Sprinkle the crisp mixture evenly across the top of the pan.
Sprinkle a little flake salt across the top.
Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
Allow the crisp to cool before serving.
Serve with whipped cream or sugar-free ice cream, or eat it alone, all are delicious.
Chill any leftovers and enjoy within three days.
More Keto Recipes with Strawberries and Rhubarb
Strawberry Rhubarb Tart
Cinnamon Rhubarb Muffins
Roasted Strawberry Rhubarb Topping
Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
Strawberry Rhubarb Mojito (Sugar-Free)
Low Carb Strawberry Chiffon Cake
Connect with Yellow Glass Dish!
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
For THM friends, this is an (S)
Strawberry Rhubarb Gluten Free Crisp
- 3 cups Strawberries diced
- 1 ½ cups Rhubarb thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp Monkfruit Sweetener separated
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Almond flour
- ½ Cup Chopped Pecans roasted + salted, preferred*
- 2 Tbsp Monkfruit Sweetener
- 3 Tbsp Butter melted
- Pinch of flake salt
- Whipped cream or Sugar-free Ice Cream optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix vanilla, strawberries, rhubarb, and 2 Tbsp of monkfruit sweetener in a bowl.
- Spread the strawberry rhubarb mixture across the bottom of a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese with heavy cream and 1 tbsp Monkfruit sweetener.
- Place 9 dollops of cheesecake mixture on the berry mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Make sure they’re evenly mixed.
- Sprinkle evenly over the whole top of the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until topping is golden-brown.
- Allow the crisp to cool slightly before serving. Serve warm or chilled.
- (optional) Serve with whipped cream, low carb ice cream, or whatever you enjoy crisp with.
2 thoughts on “Strawberry Rhubarb Gluten-Free Crisp”
Delicious recipe that is a keeper! I love the unexpected addition of the “cheesecake” dollops which really make this rhubarb crisp stand out. from other recipes The only changes I made were to increase the sweetener, since I had more rhubarb and fewer strawberries. I also didn’t have pecans, so I subbed with 1/4 c. chopped walnuts & 1/4 c. unsweetened coconut. Served with Keto pint strawberry ice cream.
Hey Karalane! I’m so glad you enjoyed this!! Thanks for stopping by to let me know, I appreciate it more than you know!