Meat Crust Quiche
Meat crust quiche? What is this nonsense? You read that right! You can still have your crust and your quiche and your low carb lifestyle. You’re welcome.
What Kind Of Meat are we talking about?
You can choose your favorite lunch meat to layer as the crust. Or you can find
Basically, line your 9″ pie pan with lunch meat, making sure to overlap the edges so that it creates a seal of sorts. Some of the egg mixture might get through, but no big deal.
What ingredients for this keto meat crust quiche recipe?
As I’m sure you’re aware, quiche rules are pretty flexible. If something that I put in this recipe isn’t your favorite, skip it, or replace it with something you do like. There are no hard and fast rules here! Just do what you do and make this meat crust quiche as soon as you can.
For this quiche I used
- Fresh Spinach
- Red Bell Pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- Cottage Cheese
For what it’s worth, I prefer to use Daisy cottage cheese because the ingredient list is understandable: Ingredients: Cultured Skim Milk, Cream, Salt.
I was flabbergasted when I saw an ingredient list for cottage cheese
Huh? Why so many additives. How does Daisy do it with three ingredients and you need 15? I digress. This is why ingredient checking is important, folks.
Tips for making this meat crust quiche extra awesome!
I’m sure you’re tempted to just slice some onion and toss some bell pepper into the mix and call it good, hoping it will bake to perfection.
Go grab your cast iron skillet and heat some butter then fry those thin-sliced onions and bell peppers. The flavor is so much richer when you take this extra step.
If you want a low carb or keto breakfast quiche, this is IT. It is filling and packed with protein, fats, and veg!
If you’re wanting something that you can use for meal prepping, this is an awesome option! Eat some today, pack up individual portions in meal prep containers and you’re golden! A serving of Roasted Broccoli would pair perfectly with this quiche.
**Disclosure** This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you click the link our website may make a small commission for advertising this product to you. It does not cost you more, but it helps to keep our site running.
More Brunch Recipes to Try
Connect with Yellow Glass Dish
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
For THM friends, this is an (S)
Meat Crust Quiche
- 10 slices Lunch meat* Any variety
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup Cottage cheese
- 2-3 cups Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 cup Onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- Shredded Cheese Optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Saute onions and bell peppers in butter until golden/caramelized. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Take a 9″ glass pie pan (or similar oven-safe dish) and line it with lunch meat, overlap the edges to make sure that no glass is exposed. Bring the meat up to the edges to the top.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, cottage cheese, salt, pepper, paprika, and minced garlic.
- Fold in salad greens, onion, and red bell pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 375°F or until the egg is cooked through. You can use a toothpick or wooden skewer to check. Insert it into the middle of the quiche and if it comes out clean it means the egg is cooked through.
- Enjoy! (Optional: you can top with shredded cheese!)