Low Carb Sausage Meatballs
Low carb sausage meatballs that are quick and easy to make! This meatball recipe is great as an appetizer, as a meal prep item, or to serve with your weeknight meal.
If you’ve been looking for a keto meatball recipe that doesn’t use bread crumbs as filler, you’ve come to the right place. Yep, they’re gluten-free!
You’ve also got options when making these sausage meatballs! I’m not going to limit you.
What kind of sausage do you suggest for this meatball recipe?
Do you prefer chicken sausage? Pork? Turkey? Beef? You have so many options.
You know what kind I use? I use the kind that is on sale at the store. That kind.
I went to Sprouts market recently and took advantage of a $10 off $60 coupon that was texted to me (so if you have Sprouts nearby, join their rewards program because it is valuable!). I went to the store and got their sausage that was on sale and tried the original and sage varieties. Both were excellent with this recipe!
Ingredients for this Keto Meatballs Recipe
For this keto sausage meatball recipe, the ingredients are pretty simple to find!
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Garlic Cloves
- Ricotta Cheese
Tips for making this Low Carb Sausage Meatball Recipe
I’d suggest using gloves if you have them for making these meatballs. That just helps with food safety.
Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, then combine with the wet ingredients. Make sure that the egg is well mixed into the meat or else you’ll find a baked egg on the bottom of your pan.
In tablespoon-sized portions, roll the meatballs and place in an oven-safe baking dish. If you want to make the meatballs larger, by all means, go for it. You’ll just have to bake them longer.
Bake at 350°F for approximately 25 minutes, or until the internal temp reaches 170°F. The easiest way to ensure food safety is to use a meat thermometer!
Meal Prep with these Sausage Meatballs
If you want to use this recipe for meal prep, the meatballs are great for quick protein bites! You can pack them in individual servings or just bake a batch and use them throughout the week. See the ideas below for how to serve them.
Ideas for how to Serve these sausage meatballs:
- As an appetizer with some fresh mozzarella and some basil garlic oil
- With zucchini noodles + a cream sauce
- With this vodka pasta sauce and spaghetti squash
- With roasted vegetables like broccoli or cabbage
- In soup! You could add it to a soup with a bone broth base or enjoy this noodle bowl
- On a salad! Seriously, don’t knock it til you try it!
More Easy Meal Prep Recipes to Try
Connect with Yellow Glass Dish
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
For THM friends, this is an (S)
- 16 ounces Sausage
- 1/4 cup Almond flour
- 1 tbsp Coconut flour
- 2 cloves Garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 tsp Salt (or more to taste)
- 1 Egg beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a medium bowl combine sausage, garlic, ricotta cheese, and egg.
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Roll sausage balls into tablespoon-sized portions. Place in an oven-safe baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350°F or until internal temp reaches 170°.