Basil Garlic Oil
Basil garlic oil is the epitome of summer. Use it on salads, grilled vegetables, on meat, and basically on everything. You will want to keep a jar of this on hand at all times!
If you have leftover basil from buying a package or have plants that are producing an abundance of basil, this is a great way to preserve the basil while making a most flavorful oil.
**Disclosure** This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you click the link our website may make a small commission for advertising this product to you. It does not cost you more, but it helps to keep our site running.
Growing herbs is something I try to do, but am still figuring out. Sometimes the plants grow, sometimes they don’t. If you have tips on growing basil, please leave them in the comments!
I currently have several basil plants growing that came from grocery store plants. Most grocery store plants have several plants crammed into a little pot. I broke the plants apart and planted them separately. I have some growing in an enclosed garden, and some growing in a pot.
Basil needs to not be in direct sunlight and it doesn’t need to be watered a lot. I typically water it every few days. Basil needs to be cut back to encourage growth. By cutting it right above a shoot that has several leaves, it encourages double growth!
How to use this oil
This oil is so good on so many things. It is very flavorful, so you only need 1-2tsp. When serving it you include basil leaves, garlic, and oil.
- Serve it with rotisserie chicken.
- Serve it over roasted vegetables like roasted cabbage.
- Use it as a salad dressing.
- Marinade meat with it. Almost any meat would be suitable.
- Mix it with cooked shirataki noodles, like miracle noodles.
- Brush it on vegetables and meat on the grill.
- Over fresh mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes.
Top it off
When using this oil, if you want it to last in the fridge, make sure the basil is always covered with oil. Use the oil in 2-3 days or else freeze it in small portions (like in an ice cube tray). Before freezing, allow the oil and basil to meld in the fridge for 24 hours.
4 Ingredients – That’s it
To make basil garlic oil you need:
- Fresh basil (rinsed and dried)
- Garlic (make sure its fresh!)
- Oil (Olive oil, preferably)
Mince basil and garlic add some salt and cover with oil. THAT EASY. YEP.
More Sauce Recipes to Try
Try this Keto Mayo Recipe!
For THM friends, this is an (S)
Basil Garlic Oil
- 1 Handful Fresh Basil Leaves Minced
- 3-4 Garlic cloves Minced
- 1 cup Olive Oil Or enough to cover basil and garlic
- 1 tsp salt More or less – to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a jar. Be sure all basil and garlic is covered by oil.
- The flavor will be best if the jar rests in the fridge for 24 hours.
- That's it. Serve it!
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.