Roasted Sweet Potato Egg Bake
If you like eggs with roasted veggies, you’ll love this roasted sweet potato egg bake.
A not too long ago, I had a friend coming for breakfast. She was bringing her fresh little babe along and I was so excited to spend a morning snuggling a newborn and nourishing her mama.
This friend holds a special place in my heart for many reasons. She was my first friend in California, my housemate my first few months of marriage, and a loyal confidant. I learned a lot about roasting vegetables while living with her, so it was my turn to whip something up that would whisper “I love you, thanks for being you and for being in my life.. and congrats on your babe!!”
Ingredients for this Sweet Potato Breakfast Recipe
The ingredients for this recipe are quite simple.
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes – Instructions for those are on this separate post(1/2 lb of the recipe)
- Red Bell Peppers
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
Tips for making the Sweet Potato Egg Bake Recipe
To make this recipe, you’ll need to start by heading to my roasted sweet potato rounds recipe. This recipe uses half of that recipe, so if you don’t want any leftover sweet potatoes, you can make half of the recipe. I would, however, suggest making the whole recipe. They’re great for reheating.
When the sweet potatoes are almost ready, you can get going on this next part.
In an oven-safe skillet I took red peppers and cooked them up with a little avocado oil until soft and a bit caramelized by mixing the peppers with paprika, cumin, and garlic powder, it reminded me somewhat of Israeli eggs.
**Disclosure** This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you click the link our website may make a small commission for advertising this product to you. It does not cost you more, but it helps to keep our site running.
I layered roasted sweet potato rounds on top of the cooked peppers. Topped those with 6 eggs and baked them until I felt the eggs were appropriately cooked through.
Do you enjoy sweet potatoes for breakfast? I think this recipe will change your mind!
More Breakfast Recipes to Try
For Trim Healthy Mamas
If you’re a Trim healthy mama, this recipe can go several ways. Here are a few options:
- The sweet potatoes are an E, if you want to keep this an E, you can use egg whites instead of whole eggs.
- If you use whole eggs, this will go into XO territory.
Connect with Yellow Glass Dish
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
Roasted Sweet Potato Egg Bake
- 1/2 lb Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tsp Avocado oil
- 1-1/2 cup Red peppers thin sliced
- 6-8 Eggs*
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt to taste
Prepare the Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Prepare your roasted sweet potatoes according to this recipe.
This recipe calls for half of the Roasted sweet potato recipe.
- When the potatoes are finished you can leave the oven on at 425°F.
- Add sliced red bell peppers to the skillet and saute until they begin to carmelize.
- Layer your roasted sweet potatoes over the spiced pepper mixture.
- Break 6-8 eggs over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake skillet for 15-20 minutes at 425°F until eggs are cooked through. You can monitor the eggs to make sure they do not overcook.