Asian Chicken Salad
Asian chicken salad that is low carb and perfect for lettuce wraps. Use left-over chicken and it makes this a no-brainer.
**Disclosure** This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you click the link our website may make a small commission for advertising this product to you. It does not cost you more, but it helps to keep our site running.
If you were to ask me what are the top things I buy at Costco, I would tell you
- Rotisserie chicken
- Heavy cream
- String cheese
- Sour cream
- Salad Greens
I am not a Costco bulk shopper. I often stop in to grab two things; rotisserie chicken and heavy cream. Heavy cream because my husband consumes a lot of it and I like it in my coffee. Rotisserie chicken, because dinner and future meals and chicken stock and yes.
I absolutely love the value of the rotisserie chicken. At our Costco, it is $5. I can’t buy a raw chicken for $5.
The fact that the chicken is cooked and ready to eat is a win, win, win.
Making the Chicken Salad
My friend told me that she cooks chicken in the Instant Pot then shreds it in her Kitchen Aid mixer. So, after dinner and taking the extra meat off the rotisserie chicken, I shredded it in the mixer. I used the peace-sign paddle. Let me find the proper name of that, apparently, it is called the flat beater. It only took a few whips before the chicken was ready to go.
I like Asian food. Having lived in China, I can promise you that there will be plenty of Asian-inspired recipes. Are they anything you find in Asia? Who knows.
My secret weapon for some of my favorite Chinese foods is… whisper… sesame oil. If you’re making a stir fry and they taste a little flat, you probably are missing this key ingredient. If you are allergic to sesame, then I am very, very sorry.
This chicken salad can be eaten on a low carb bread, sprouted bread, over a salad or as lettuce wraps. You choose. Please recognize, I probably didn’t give you all of the choices, please don’t let my short list limit you.
This was good the day I made it and it was extra good the next day. I think letting this sit overnight in the fridge gives a more dynamic taste. I love salt. So, as you prepare it, taste it and add enough salt to your liking!
My pictures show that I used romaine lettuce to use this chicken salad in a lettuce wrap. As I mentioned earlier, there are so many other options!!
For THM friends, this is an (S)
Asian Chicken Salad
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken
- ¼ Cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Onion finely chopped
- ¼ Cup Carrot (1 small) finely shredded
- 1 Clove Garlic pressed
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- ¼ tsp Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Romaine Lettuce leaves (Optional)
- Green onions For garnish
- If you haven't shredded the chicken yet, you can use two forks and shred it or put it in a stand mixer and use the flat paddle (that looks like a peace sign) to shred the chicken.
- In a bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt & pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, onion, carrot, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Add the sauce to the chicken mixture. Mix well. Taste and add additional salt and pepper. If the salad is too dry, you can add more mayonnaise or greek yogurt 1 tsp at a time.
- Serve however you'd like to. Garnish with sliced green onions.
- (Optional) you can serve this on Romaine lettuce leaves.
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.