Instant Pot Zucchini
If you’re wanting to learn how to quickly make Instant Pot Zucchini, this is a simple way to prepare a low carb side dish using your pressure cooker. If you follow the recipe, your zucchini won’t be mushy but thoroughly cooked.
How to Steam Zucchini In your Pressure Cooker
Prep your zucchini by cutting it in quarters then in about 1/3″ slices. This will allow for bite-sized pieces.
Toss the zucchini in salt so that everything has a nice salty flavor at the end.
Steaming vegetables in a pressure cooker like an Instant Pot is super easy but is easy to get wrong. The trick is to only cook it for a few minutes. For this particular recipe with zucchini, you need to steam it for 2 minutes on steam mode.
Check out our other recipes for cooking vegetables in the Instant Pot
- How to Steam Spaghetti Squash in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Cabbage Recipe – How to steam cabbage using an Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Mac and Cheese – How to steam cauliflower in the Instant Pot (plus make a cheesy sauce)
Ingredients for this Instant Pot Zucchini Recipe
The ingredients for this Instant Pot zucchini recipe could not be any more simple!
- Zucchini (cut in quarters then 1/3″ slices)
- Water (this is for the steaming process)
Tools you need: Steamer basket and Instant Pot
The recipe calls for 1 lb of zucchini, but if you want to cook more, you can do more! Still cook it for 2 minutes.
Tips for cooking Zucchini in the Instant Pot
Steaming zucchini in the Instant Pot is ridiculously easy. You don’t want to oversteam the zucchini. That is the secret.
Use a steamer basket.
Toss your zucchini pieces in salt. This will ensure that your zucchini is salty once it has finished steaming.
Turn the Instant Pot to the steam setting for 2 minutes.
Be sure the sealing valve is closed.
Garnish: this adds flavor and pizzaz. Flake salt, freshly cracked pepper, EVOO or melted butter. You could even add some cheese like parmesan.
More Low Carb Zucchini Recipes
Connect with Yellow Glass Dish!
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
Instant Pot Zucchini
- 1 lb Zucchini Cut in quarters and ⅓” slices
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Cup water
- Put 1 cup of cold water in the pan of the Instant Pot. Place the steamer basket inside the Instant Pot.
- Toss chopped zucchini with salt and place in the steamer basket.
- Close the lid and close the sealing valve.
- Turn the Instant Pot to steam mode for 2 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to go through the cooking cycle and do a quick release. (The total time to get to steam, cook, and release steam was about 13 minutes)
- Carefully open the lid and remove the zucchini. It is ready to serve.
- Optional: garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and freshly cracked pepper. If you like spicy food, you could add some crushed red pepper.