Sausage and Green Beans Sheet Pan Dinner
A Sheet pan dinner with green beans, yellow squash, sausage, and topped with cheese.
Sheet pan dinners are the way to go, throw some green beans and sausage on a pan with a few other items and you’ll have dinner ready in no time. This is an easy way to do low-carb meal prep. You can your favorite variety of sausage.
**Disclosure** This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you click the link our website may make a small commission for advertising this product to you. It does not cost you more, but it helps to keep our site running.
What is a “Sheet Pan Dinner”
A sheet pan dinner is a method of making a complete meal on one sheet pan. Generally, everything is cooked at once. Occasionally you will bake part of the meal, add the rest, then finish baking.
Our goal is to create sheet pan dinner recipes that are low carb, keto, and THM friendly. This means there will be protein and lower-carb vegetables.
Personally, I love sheet pan dinners because I can use them for meal prepping food. I can feed my small family with minimal effort and still have leftovers for lunch the next day. Also, it makes for fewer dishes (which is always a win!).
Another sheet pan recipe with sausage and brussels sprouts can be found right here.
Sausage And Green Beans
The main stars of this easy sheet pan dinner are sausage and green beans. However, this also has a few other ingredients that make this meal what it is. Yellow squash or zucchini and cheese. When all of this comes together it is like a comforting casserole flavor.
My friend made a loaded green bean recipe which I could eat every day. It got me imagining what I could do with cheese and green beans as a sheet pan dinner. Boom. Add some protein and a few other flavors. Thus, this low carb sheet pan dinner was born.
Ingredients you’ll need
Before I give you this list, I want to remind you that you can swap zucchini for yellow squash. They’re very similar. Yellow squash is slightly higher in carbohydrates but I use both frequently.
- Sausage – You can use any variety, chicken, pork, beef. Use your favorite. I love spicy sausage, so that is generally what I’ll use.
- Green Beans – Using fresh is a nice idea, but not always the most cost-effective. Frozen would also work fine. You might notice more water on your pan if you use frozen.
- Yellow Squash or Zucchini – You only need about 1/2 lb or one medium-large squash/zucchini. (Unless your zucchini is way overgrown, then you don’t want a large one, just use 1/2lb as your guide).
- Garlic – you’ll want to use a garlic press.
- Oil – I prefer avocado oil. You don’t need much oil since the sausage will have some fat that cooks out and adds to the flavor of the vegetables.
- Shredded Cheese – You can use your favorite variety. This recipe calls for 1 cup, but you can use more or less. Omit the cheese if you’re dairy-free. (You won’t be judged if you dump a lot of cheese on this… I just have to make nutrition facts and moderation is my aim in recipe development).
- Smoked paprika – One of my favorite spices, it adds so much flavor to any recipe.
- Salt and pepper – as usual, I don’t include the measurements of salt and pepper because some people like more, some like less. If I was to give you a measurement, I’d say probably 1/4 tsp salt and a few shakes of pepper.
If you’re dairy-free, simply omit the cheese or use a dairy-free cheese instead.
More Recipes to Try!
Connect with Yellow Glass Dish!
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
For THM friends, this is an (S)
Sausage and Green Beans Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1- 1 lb Sausage
- 1 lb Green beans trimmed
- 1 Yellow squash (1/2 lb)
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 Tbsp oil like Avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 Cup Shredded cheese any variety
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a sheet pan, spread green beans across the bottom. Mix garlic and ½ tbsp oil with the green beans.
- Slice the yellow squash in half, length-wise and then thinly slice the whole squash.
- Mix the squash with ½ tbsp oil and spread across the green beans in three rows.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and smoked paprika over the whole pan.
- Lay sausages over the vegetables.
- Roast for 25 minutes at 400°F (Sausage needs to reach an internal temperature of 160°F).
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over everything and place it back in the oven for an additional minute.