Lettuceless Crunchy Salad
With Mint Vinaigrette
A low carb lettuceless crunchy salad with jicama, red bell peppers, cucumber, and avocado. Top this salad with a mint vinaigrette and your salad cravings will thank you.
This is the salad that you want to eat when you want salad but you don’t want salad-salad. Like the greens are a bit much, but you want everything else, salad.
**Disclosure** This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you click the link our website may make a small commission for advertising this product to you. It does not cost you more, but it helps to keep our site running.
What if I don’t like Mint
If you don’t like mint or you don’t have it on hand, you can use other herbs! You could give Basil Garlic Oil a try! I would recommend using 2 tbsp. Do note, the Basil Garlic Oil recipe recommends the oil sitting for 24 hours in the fridge to get the best flavor.
Is it even a Salad if it is lettuceless?
Lettuceless salad is an easy way to eat salad if you’re out of greens. Some people prefer a lettuceless salad because they either don’t like lettuce or greens or they can’t eat it for one reason or another. That was the long answer to say – yes.
Ingredients In this Lettuceless Salad
The ingredients for this salad include:
- Red Bell Pepper
Ingredients in the Vinaigrette Dressing
The ingredients for the salad dressing include:
- Fresh mint – minced
- Avocado oil – or olive oil
- White cooking wine – The recipe calls for a very small amount, don’t worry. Available near the specialty vinegar in a grocery store.
- Rice vinegar – A tangy vinegar with light sweetness (if you get the version with reduced sugar). Available in the Asian section of the grocery store. Look for the sugar-free version or reduced sugar.
- Garlic Powder
- Salt – to taste
Tips for Making this Salad
This salad is super easy to make and is ready in minutes. Make sure that you cut the ingredients in small pieces. Julienne the jicama, dice the bell pepper, slice the avocado, and cut the cucumbers into large match-sticks.
In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients then top the salad accordingly. If you want to make the dressing ahead of time and mix it with all of the vegetables except for the avocado. Allow it to chill for at least an hour for the flavors to come together. When you’re ready to serve it, add the avocado and mix everything gently.
Is This Lettuceless Salad Low-carb?
Since this salad includes vegetables that are not a significant source of carbohydrates, this salad is very low-carb at only 7.5 net carbs per serving.
If you’re a Trim Healthy Mama, choose a rice vinegar that is sugar-free like this one.
Protein to serve this with
Connect With Me!
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to join the @yellowglassdish community on
You can also join the YGD Facebook community! Also, get awesome low carb recipe inspiration on Pinterest.
For THM friends, this is an (S)
Letuceless Crunchy Salad
- ½ c Jicama julienned
- ½ Avocado Thin Sliced
- ⅓ c Red bell pepper Chopped
- ½ c Cucumber Large matchsticks
- 1 tsp Fresh mint chopped
- 11/2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 tsp White cooking wine
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the vegetables for the salad.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the dressing.*
- Combine the vegetables with the dressing.
- (optional) If you make the salad ahead of time, combine the dressing with all of the vegetables except for the avocado. Chill for 1+ hours then add the avocado when you're ready to serve it.
Recent Posts From Yellow Glass Dish
- Instant Pot Keto Chicken Broccoli Rice
- Keto Spice Cookies
- Holiday Gift Guide
- Sugar-free Russian Tea
- Bacon Jalapeño Popper Muffins